Right Cleaning Products
You have spent a lot of time, effort, and a small fortune on your custom marble bathroom, granite countertops or quartz backsplash. Unfortunately, now the work of art that you have invested in must be maintained. Marble, granite, quartz, and other types of stone can be harmed by certain cleaning products. It is important to get the Right Cleaning Products for the job.
Not all cleaning products are created equally. Obviously, this is no surprise. Did you know that some cleaning products will eat through your glossy finish? Cleaning products and cleaning procedures will vary based on stone type and character. Check the label of your favorite cleaning products for acidic components. If it has an acidic ingredient, consider hiding this cleaner away so that a family member will not accidentally use it on your natural stone floors, counters, or walls.
There are some simple but very important things to know about your caring for your natural stone. Check out our list below for some of our tips:
- Dust mop floor frequently
- Clean surfaces with a mild detergent or stone soap
- Rinse and dry the surface after cleaning
- If a spill occurs, blot up immediately (especially for red wine and darker colored liquids)
- Do not use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners with acids on marble, limestone, travertine or onyx surfaces
- Do not use cleaners that contain acids like bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub & tile cleaners.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Do not mix cleaners, especially bleach and ammonia (this creates a toxic and lethal gas)
If you have accidentally used one of these acidic products and your stone appears dull or spotty, call Carr Stone & Tile. We specialize in restoring stone and tile to its formal glory. Call Carr Stone & Tile at 504-835-8453.